Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] kathymergulhao@gmail.com is offline

Default Extra Paragraph Breaks appearing in Header and Footer

I have Word 2016 Paste options to Paste Text Only between Documents.

I noticed that when I select text and copy/paste using Ctrl+V into a new document I get an extra paragraph marker in the header.
Through testing, if the source text contains a Next Page or Continuous section break, the new document has an extra paragraph marker inserted in the header. Only with Ctrl+V not with Paste button/right click.

On Thursday, 6 January 2011 12:40:39 UTC-5, Steven B wrote:
Hello everyone,

Periodically, when adjusting the styles and formatting of a document,
or updating fields and even entering/exiting the Header and Footer
extra paragraph marks appear in the Header and Footer. I don't know
why this happens, but they accumulate to the point where the document
will end up with 3 or 4 extra lines in both the header and footer
which takes away a significant amount of working space in the primary
document.

Do any of you know why this happens and how I can prevent it? I am
using MSOffice 2003 SP3.

Thank you,

Steven