Lu

Default including email message with "mail merge with attachment"

I have gotten this to work before and can't figure out what I am doing wrong
since I have it written down and followed it exactly everytime. here's what
I am doing:

Using Word 2002 to send an email message with an attachment
1) I created the directory and have installed the macro in the toolbar.

2) I have the email message I want to send open, click on "main document
setup" button and select "email", then i select the same data source (in
microsoft access) that i used to create the "mail merge with attachment"
directory, and click "merge to new document" button.

3) I leave the merged results open and hit the "mailmergewithattachment"
macro button, then select the directory i created.

the results are an email message without the attachment. any suggestions?