Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default What field shows "ThisPage of ThisSection"?

Hi, macropod.

No, I can't restart the page numbering - this is a landscape section
in the middle of a report that's holding a table that will flow over
several pages. I need to change the table header depending on which
page I'm on. Hence, the IF with the criteria dependent on the page of
that section.

Is there a way to copy and paste this field code into the Word doc and
replace the curlys with the CTRL+F9 brackets? Saves a lot of "it
won't work because I fumbled my typing" frustrations!! 8)

Thanks for the boost!
Ed

On Apr 2, 1:37*am, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Ed,

BTW, is there a reason you can't unlink each Section from the previous one and set the page numbering for each Section to start from
1? Although it's perhaps more fiddly to maintain, you could then greatly simplify the field coding:
{IF{PAGE}= 1 "First Page" {IF{PAGE}= {SECTIONPAGES} "Last Page" "Other Page"}}

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]