Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Macro for Finding Duplicate Data Entries

Hi Rod,

This is quite easy to do in Excel, without the need for a macro -simply put both lists into a single column (eg Column A) and insert
the following formula into column B:
=COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1)
and copy down as far as needed. Then copy & paste column B as values and sort the data by column B. All the duplicates will then be
grouped together and the data will be otherwise in the same order as you originally had it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Rod" wrote in message ...
Word 2007

Hello Gurus:

I have two listings of e-mail addresses. List A has approximately 33,000
entries and List B has approximately 2,000 entries.

If possible, I would like to select each individual email entry in List A
and compare it to the entries in List B in search of a duplicate entry. If
the e-mail entry from List A is found in list B, I would like to delete the
email entry from List B.

If the e-mail entry is NOT found in List B, I would like to proceed to the
subsequent e-mail entry in List A and begin the process all over again.

Any assistance in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance, I remain€¦

Very truly yours €“ Rod