Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Help with frames and image captios

Although the two images look identical, the first one is In Line With Text
and the second one is In Front of Text (which it shouldn't be). If you had
changed the wrapping to inline before inserting the caption, you wouldn't
have gotten a text box.

Note that there are two paragraph marks in the first frame, one for the
image and one for the caption. The only paragraph in the second frame is the
one behind the image, to which both the image and the caption are anchored.

wrote in message
Hi Suzanne

I believe I did the identical things in both.

I've uploaded a version of the doc to
www.orthohelp.com/upload/2 frames.doc
(You'll have to copy and paste that url)

You will notice that if you click on the caption text in Figure 2 no text
box appears, but if you click on the caption on Figure 3 a text box
appears. Both are within frames (marked by red borders for this example).

Jeff

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
When you select a wrapped graphic, including one in a text box, the
caption will be in a text box. Are you sure you're using a frame and
not a text box?

wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 in Windows XP and this concerns a Word document
(not a website).
In this document I use frames to accurately position illustrations
and their captions.
My question concerns 2 such instances where I cannot figure out why
the behavior is different.

In both cases - within the same document - I first created a frame
into which I inserted an image and then after selecting the image
added a caption (Insert/reference/caption). In both cases the image
and the caption are within their respective frames with the caption
below the image, but, in one case the caption is in a textbox (its
borders appear when I select the caption) while in then other there
does not seem to be a text box (no border that I can see when I
select it). I cannot understand the different behavior and how I can
select for
myself which one to use or if it matters.

Any suggestions or help?

Jeff