Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Merging in OKC Merging in OKC is offline

Default mail merge where data source contains variable number of records?

I need to send a letter which contains a listing of records associated with
the recipient. Each recipient of the letter may have a different number of
associated records. For example, recipient X may have 12 names listed on the
merge document while receipient Y may have 4 names listed. Each recipient of
the listing will have at least one entry in their listing.

The best I can discern, I should set the merge document up as a directory.
How do I deal with a variable number of records for each recipient?

Thanks,

David