Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LinusF

Default Converting .doc to a graphical format

I am unable to generate an empty image box. Am I having a moment?
I thought I had a solution using the Office Document printer, but would you
believe that it kicks out all the .TIF files you want --- so long as they are
B&W? That is a severely dumb move, IMHO. Reminds me of Ford who famously
said people could buy Model Ts in any color they wanted --- so long as they
are black.
Still looking.

"JASil" wrote:

Have you considered copying your letter, then inserting the text in an image
box, such as a rectangle? The box, with the text, will then be a graphical
image you can copy to Paint or another graphics program.

JASil

"LinusF" wrote:

How does one go about converting files in .doc format (I have Office 2003,
WinXP + Photoshop, Irfanview, etc)? I have a collection of Christmas letters
from others in the family but mine cannot be displayed with them unless I
print them out and scan them. There must be another way! FYI neither Word
apparently has no bitmapped output and Paint does not recognize DOC. The
various net-centric Word outputs indicate that formating will be lost. Thanks