Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Converting .doc to a graphical format

What you need is SnagIt - www.techsmith.com - which among other things adds
a 'printer' driver to Windows and enables documents (from Word or any other
application) to be output in any graphical format you like. Multi page
documents are output as separate documents for each page. There is a trial
available.

LinusF wrote:
Assumptions, assumptions. The purpose is, obviously, to make the
Christmas Letters available. BUT in an imagery database. Hence the
interest in imagery formats because imagery database display
applications do not recognise DOC as an imagery format (nor do they
look at PDF in that manner). It is curious to me that Office, which
is very capable in handling tables and images and leads much of the
market in XMLincorporation, would not understand that it should make
its products more easily available in imagery formats. Text is so
20th Century; XML & tagging make specific formats issues of choice,
yes? Is DOC still just a text format? Ah well. I have my solution.
Thanks all.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Now wait, I'm confused. (And that's not difficult to do lately.)

I thought the purpose was so that others can read your letter? If
not, what is the end purpose?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"LinusF" wrote in message
PDF is not a graphical format from the perspective of Adobe. There
are actually tough issues in going from PDF to a Photoshop useable
file format.
Makes one feel sort of good when Microsoft isn't the only one with
wierd ways
of looking at things. You begin to appreciate Hijaack and
Irfanview big time.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Wouldn't it be just as easy to download PrimoPDF and convert them
to a .PDF
file?

(And why can't they view a .doc? There's a free Word Viewer
available.) --

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"LinusF" wrote in message
How does one go about converting files in .doc format (I have
Office 2003,
WinXP + Photoshop, Irfanview, etc)? I have a collection of
Christmas letters
from others in the family but mine cannot be displayed with them
unless I
print them out and scan them. There must be another way! FYI
neither Word
apparently has no bitmapped output and Paint does not recognize
DOC. The
various net-centric Word outputs indicate that formating will be
lost. Thanks