Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

Default 2007 Compatibility Mode

Am I correct in assuming that this happens as soon as you open Word with a
blank
document? That is, it isn't specific to a single existing document?

^ Yes, when I open Word with a blank document I cannot type anything. In the
bottom left, it specifically says, "This modification is not allowed because
the selection is locked. How can I unlock the selection?

If you start Word in Safe Mode by holding down the Ctrl key while starting,
does
that help?

^ Didn't noticed anything, really.

Here's my new problem now I'm currently witnessing now:

1) Cannot type in a blank Microsoft Office Word 2007 because selection is
lock. So, that means I cannot even write anything, save it, and open it with
the top that will say, "Compatibility Mode." Cannot type anything, at all.

2) On the top left, when I click the circular symbol, everything that's
highlighted (or should I say colored) are only the "Open", "Print", and
"Close" option. Anything else I cannot touch/won't allow me to.

I will be waiting for your response, hopefully you can break everything down
for me and fix this problem. Why did I accidently clicked something,
everything was so fine when I was finishing my essay.