Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JeffT JeffT is offline

Default Word 2003 Merge with Sybase Database Query as datasource.

Hello. I am a newbie here. I need some help.
A little history: I wrote a form letter generation system in VB 4.0 about 10
years ago and it has been used to merge data into many thousands of letters
usin MS word 2.0.
The problem: My company now says we have to upgrade the servers and Word for
security reasons. I have converted the VB program to VB.NET and upgraded Word
to Microsoft Office Word 2003 (11.8202.8202) SP3. But nothing works.
The program launches correctly and connects to the Sybase database, gets its
recordset of variables to merge and then opens Word, and Stops at the point
the merge is supposed to take place.
Does anyone have any I dea of a setting or option that I might need to change?
I already turned off all the options in the track changes section.
Thank you for any help,
Jeff