Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Mail merge into columns with variable length data?

Use a Directory, (or Catalog in versions before Word XP) type mail merge
main document with a one row three column table in it and insert the
mergefields into the cells of that table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
I want to merge some data into a document with 3 columns (see my filoFax
question earlier today). Unlike labels, the data is variable length, so I
need to find a way of flowing the text with a blank line, see below:

Adams: Brian Arkwright: Paul Blackstone: Tom
Tel: 01234 45679 Tel: 01234 45679 Mob: 07770 12345
Mob: 07770 12345
Fax: 01234 15643 Austin: Mini
Tel: 01234 45679
Alundu: Josh Mob: 07770 12344
Tel: 01234 45676
Mob: 07770 12346 Bateman: David
Mob: 07770 12344

I also want to suppress lines with no data, and insert the Tel: or Mob:
etc
on lines which have data.

Any ideas?