Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deb McLellan

Default Fill-in field prompts

Sorry - I now realize that Word 2002 and Word XP are the same thing. I don't
know why it occurred to me to check on that AFTER I posted the query, but at
least I was able to see the error of my ways first!!!

In any event, I'm creating the templates and prompts with no problem here at
home, but when I take them to the office, I get the double prompts. I am
going to create it from scratch at the office and see if I have the same
problem

Deb

"Deb McLellan" wrote in message
I have created a basic template in Word (2002). It is a letter template
with fill-in fields for file number, addressees, etc.,

I am able to complete creation of the template and save it in my user
template folder. However, when I run the template (File|New) the prompts
are presented twice. It runs through all of the fill-in fields and I fill
them in but when I get to the last one, it seems to circle back and asks
the first one again. At first I thought the problem was my macro, but the
same thing happens when I run the template without using the macro.

I'm puzzled because I created a few test templates on another computer
running Word XP, and everything was fine, so I wonder if its my technique
or if there is something about the newer version of Word.

Deb