Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Copying a block of text that really isn't a block

That's it! Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can select a column using Alt+Drag.

"Eric" wrote in message
Somebody showed me this trick a while back, but I didn't take notes.

I have what appears to be a block of text in a text-only file I want to
copy--but when you highlight it, you get a lot of blank spaces before and
after each line of text.

Does anybody know how to select only the portion that appears to be the
"block" for copying/pasting without all the extra spaces? TIA.