Sammy

I do this very thing. I cut or copy the entire document that needs to be put
into the new template. I then paste the document into the new template. If
all of the style are marked with the correct name in the old template, the
document should take on the characteristics of the template that you are
pasting into. I have not had to apply or edit styles when I've done this.

"Dee" wrote:

I have a template that I customized the heading styles etc. I have a large
document (over 100 pages) that I need to paste into this new template. What
is the best way to achieve this. Once pasted into this template, would I have
to go and apply the styles through the whole document or is there an easier
way to do this. I know usually when you paste something into a document, it
doesn't automatically take on the styles of that template.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Dee