Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex Hammerstein Alex Hammerstein is offline

Default Attaching a template to a ocument

Thanks

Alex

On 09/03/2009 14:36, in article 92d3e993b8c71@uwe, "PamC via OfficeKB.com"
u43222@uwe wrote:

If the new template just adds or revises style settings and adds macros and
keyboard shortcuts, you can attach the template to the old document and check
the automatically update box (and then go back to the dialog and uncheck it).

If the new template includes new section properties such as margins and
headers/footers, you can copy all but the last paragraph of the older
document into a new document based on your new template.

In either case there may be quite a bit of cleanup, depending, in large part,
on whether the style names changed and how many unused styles remain.

PamC

Alex Hammerstein wrote:
Hi I have some older documents that I want to update using a new template
that I have designed.

Is this possible please -
Using Word 2007

Thanks