Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marz Marz is offline

Default Spell checker word 2007 - spell check pasted text

Thank you, Graham.

I was getting the same thing when I copied/pasted things from a Notepad txt
file document to MS Word 2007. The Paste Special worked. The Spell/Grammar
Check works immediately after pasting when I use this menu option.

Marz

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From where are you copying the text?

If you use Edit paste special unformatted text (or the following macro)
the inserted text will adopt the format of the location into which it is
pasted.

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, _
Placement:=wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep
End Sub

aboeing wrote:
Hi,

Whenever I past text into word, it will not check the spelling for
it. This is very annoying, does anyone know how to force word to
enable spell checking for the entire document?

A work around I have found is to copy text from the other
application/document into notepad, and recopy and paste it into a new
document, but this is a tedious process, and causes all the
formatting to be lost.

(Language is set to english, I have tried going to word options and
pressing the "recheck document" in the proofing section)

Thanks.