Graham Mayor

Default Make the default view be normal (no IT NEVER IS, YOU IDIOTS

How is Microsoft supposed to know what *your* personal preference is? Normal
view certainly isn't my preference.

If you always want documents to open in normal view then it is simple enough
to achieve. Word will always open in normal view, regardless of what was
saved with the document by using the following auto macros. You can change
the zoom setting to something different if you prefer.

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdNormalView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

DiscustedWithTheSickosFromSeattle wrote:
It is interesting that the software giant of the PC world can not
manage to make a default view be NORMAL. Only Microsoft, and no other
persons on the face of the earth, would allow the view of their Word
software be something weird. What is wrong with you people? Do you
have to be sick to work for Microsoft. I read what is needed to make
it normal and if that wasn't difficult enough, when you open any
document that you did not create, you will still not get a NORMAL
view. Of course sane humans must then click on VIEW and then click on
NORMAL. One might think that the viewer should dictate if they want
the default to be NORMAL, but oh, no. The sickos in Seattle think
that anyone but the view should control what default view the viewer
shall have. Does Bill Gates recruit people from mental wards to do
the programming for Word and other such software. The more I think
about what must be going on in your sick minds the more I just want
to throw up.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.