Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jmillar jmillar is offline

Default folder locations for auto text, auto correct, macros, etc.

Because my internet backup service will not back up hidden folders, I moved
the .dot files from \username \ application data \ microsoft \ templates to \
my documents \ templates

--and then had to move them right back because auto text, auto correct,
macros and such had disappeared.

Where are these entries stored? In an "OFFICE11" folder, maybe, but which?

\ program files \ microsoft office \OFFICE11 ?
\ program files \ common files \microsoft shared \ OFFICE11 ?
C: \ CMSOcache \ allusers \..... \ MSOFFICE \ OFFICE11 ?

Any chance that I could move the one or ones to a backupable folder without
having a Chernobyl event?

--thanx.