You need to disable Same as Previous. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

"Catullea" wrote in message
I'm unable to change the footer from one section to the next. The first
section is portrait and the second is landscape.

The problem appears to be that the new-page section break that I have
inserted changes to a continuous section break. I have tried using various
settings in the Page Setup: Section Start (continous, new page, odd page),
but these don't make any difference.

When I insert a header or footer in the second section, it appears in the
first one. "Same as previous" is unchecked throughout