Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Word crashes when I try to open folders in My Documents.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows
Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update
MS06-015".

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry
yourself, then go to
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll
down to Item No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software -
Fix". Download and run the script to automatically modify your
registry as described in KB918165. You may need to temporarily
disable your antivirus program in order to run the script.

David B wrote:

Word used to work OK. I have just copied files from another computer. Word
no longer opens folders and crashes. I can access the folders and documents
within the folders from Windows Explorer and open them using Word from there.