Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default dynamically formatting text color in mail merge

If you want (say) titlefirstnamelastnamesuffix formatted in
a colour, then toggle the fields
(ALT+F9) to display
{Mergefield title}{Mergefield firstname} {Mergefield lastname}{Mergefield
suffix}
add a Charformat switch to each eg
{Mergefield title \*Charformat}{Mergefield firstname \*Charformat}
{Mergefield lastname \*Charformat}{Mergefield suffix \*Charformat} and
format the fields in the colour you require.
You will not be able to format the same fields in different colours
according to the dictates of the individual record formatting in Excel.

xray wrote:
Hi,

I want to create labels but I want the text color to change based on
data in the excel spreadsheet.

For instance, I have a row of data with a column that contains a
color such as "blue" or "red" and I want the label text color to be
that color. Is there a way to do this using MS Word (office 2003)?

Example: 4 text fields will print but I want them printed in a color
listed in the data. I have a field named "color" so could I do
something like:

fontcolor = color
titlefirstnamelastnamesuffix
fontcolor = "black"
print rest of fields.

(yeah I know it's not proper code but you get the picture

Thanks in advance!