Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Autofit text in table cell

Yes, there is such a setting. In the Table Properties, on the Cell tab,
click Options. In the Cell Options dialog, check the box for "Fit text."
Just don't overdo it!

http://word.mvps.org

"jkempinger" wrote in message
Hi, I'm setting up a template for a form. I have a full-page table that
I've
locked down to one page (i.e. no matter how much text I add, it will never
adjust the table cells to carry over to more than one page).

This works fine, except if I need to add more text than usual. I then
need
to manually adjust the font size to fit the text into that table cell.
It's
not a huge issue, but I'd like to have the text automatically
increase/decrease size to always fill the dimensions of the cell.

I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this before, but I can't remember
if it was in Word or some other program. Any suggestions on where I can
enable such an option, if possible?

Thanks in advance!
Jayson