Peter Jamieson

A number of different things can result in this error. Do you have many
fields in your document? If you save your original document, then start
removing the field codes one by one, do you reach a point where the merge
suddenly works? If every record in your data source is causing the problem,
you could also reduce the number of records to one or two to make testing
easier and quicker. If the error is only occuring for /some/ records, maybe
there is still a problem in the data, e.g. double-quote characters or other
"unusual" characters in the data.

Peter Jamieson

"judyk" wrote in message
I am trying to merge data from an Excel spread sheet that I did not create.
have tried everything I know (I am not an expert in Excel) to make sure
the
columns of information I need are in "Text" so the merging will be easier,
but I still get the message "A field calculation error occurred in record
x".
I am not doing any calculations...the information still merges correctly,
but
this error message pops up for each field I merged! HELP!