Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Default "anchor symbol"-how to get rid of

The anchor symbol means something is anchored to a particular spot on a
page. It will not 'float' with changing text. You cannot delete the
symbol. You have to edit the formatting of whatever is anchored and
un-anchor it. It could be any number of elements in the document: A
graphic, a table, a text box, etc.

The symbol will disappear when you change the formatting of whatever is
anchored.

"Tom" wrote:

Windows XP Pro SP3
Word 2003 SP3/Office 2003 SP3
I scanned in a document w/ OmniPage15 and saved the document into a *.doc
format. Now, I have an "anchor symbol" on the far left side of the page(s)
and I have absolutely NO idea on how to remove the symbol. When I've
copied/pasted some portions of the document I don't get the "anchor symbol"
nor the shaded background. The document is only black text and white
background - no color. I can see the paragraph symbol at the very top left
of the first page which can be relocated via the mouse when I move the left
margins. But I just need to remove the "anchor symbol". FWIW, the anchor
symbol appears about 2/3rds down the left side of the page...left of the
left-margin on the actual text.
So, how DO I remove the "anchor symbol" from the page(s)????
Thanks!!
PS: MS Word Help didn't seem to give any help here!