Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy at Trinity

Default How do I get rid of Asian Typography in Word?

Thanks for this. The KB article was very interesting, as the crop marks did,
indeed, turn up at the same time that all the Asian stuff turned up.

I followed the instructions in the KB (and as noted by Tony in his post) and
my Office Language list is just English UK (which I can't delete - it's
greyed out) and English US. However, Word still has the crop marks at the
corner of each page, and insists on keeping all the Asian notation, options,
etc.

Under Tools/Language, this 'feature' also added the Japanese Consistency
Checker; under Tools/Options there are "Japanese Find" and "Asian Typography"
options, as well as the points I noted below.

Any other ideas on how to fix this (is it possible that the language
selection under Start/Programs/Office/etc. isn't correctly kicking all the
office apps to remove the Asian stuff?)

Andy

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 "Margin marks or
crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you open a
document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003".

Andy at Trinity wrote:

Some time past my copy of Word decided it would add Asian Typography options
in Format/Paragraph and various Asian-related add-ons in the Tools/Options
tabs, and now even my Normal Font shows up as (Asian) Times Roman... etc.

How do I get rid of this stuff - I neither need, nor want it?