Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony C Tony C is offline

Default Document map does not show all my headings.

This (text format/style not showing in text box in tool bar) happens to me
also. It did show in Word2000 but Word2003 it stopped. It is very
difficult to determine the style of headers, subheaders, etc since have to
scroll thru many pages of styles that have been used in the document. The
explaination below does not help me. Any assistance in determining the style
used for selected text would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony

"Anita" wrote in message
Document map does not show all my heading that I have formatted
according to
my resonalised styles and formatting. I have tried all the

Office
Assistants's advice but to no avail.

The Document Map cannot display headings in table cells or text

boxes.
And note that any custom styles used for headings must have an

Outline
Level specified to be visible in the Document Map. To specify an
Outline Level, use the Paragraph dialog box (in the Modify Style
dialog box, click FormatParagraphIndents and Spacing tab).

Fortunately is does not show, what it is not surposed to show,

as I
have
heard happens to others.

Thanx.

This is probably a sign that you are using styles properly. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP