Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] michael@vinome.com is offline

Default Does anyone know where I can find a template for form 1099 & 1096

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 8:59:27 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 8:37:40 AM UTC-8, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

If you are familiar with Word & Text Boxes this is my process. It takes about 15 minutes and easy to do with 1099 or 1096 ore-printed forms.

1. Scan a blank1099 or 1096 Form, insert in the image a blank word document as full size
2. Draw a text box (formatted to bring text in front of image *& alignment) for Payer's Address & complete
3. Copy & past that formatted text box to each box, resizing & revising info
4. Hold Shift + click each text box to select all text boxes, right click to 'Group boxes"
5. Select background 1099 image and delete
6. Print a test and see if lines up correctly, ungroup and move text box individually if needed

FINALLY!!! Someone who answered the question and provided what was asked for.