Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Label Mail Merge doesn't print first line on each page

Or should I not choose a custom form?

a. I don't know.
b. if I were trying to work around this probem, I would probably try
all of the following before deciding that I had more or less exhausted
my "self-help" options:
- MS-defined Avery 4013 layout+no printer form
- MS-defined Avery 4013 layout+form
- my own custom label layout based on 4013+no printer form
- my own custom label layout based on 4013+form
- a custom label layout that had exactly one label+a printer form
to match
b. However, if Word is simply emitting a sequence that would be more
appropriate to a non-continuous printer or some such, it's difficult to
see how to proceed without diving deeper. At that point I'd probably try
to identify some label software that /would/ do the trick.

So not much help, really...

Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Merwyn wrote:

Sorry guys, maybe I confused the issue with the laser printer activity. All
I did was choose the laser printer after the Merge instead of the Epson
printer. I also just left paper in the laser printer. It gave the same
results as on the Epson so I thought that might also be a hint. Maybe not. I
will stay away from the laser printer from now on.

So I was looking at the 'Print Server Properties' under file on the Printer
and Faxes panel. I set up my own form(called tcc_labels) as I saw in a
previous append. I set it up to match the Avery 4013 labels. Does this look
correct to you? Or should I not choose a custom form?
Top Margin: 0"
Side Margin: 0.38"
Vertical Pitch: 1"
Label:height 0.94"
Label Width: 3.5"
Number across: 1
Number down:12
Page size: 4.25" fanfold

I then used it in the printer properties :
Manual Paper feed: tcc_labels
Tractor Feed: tcc_labels
I also have Printer..properties...advanced..Paper size set to tcc_form..

Peter, I just checked the zoom and it is no scaling. I also checked the
A4/Letter resizing and it is checked so I assume that means on. I will turn
that off and try another run tonite.

Sorry this is so slow, but I really appreciate the help!!! Thank-you
Merwyn