Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default Calculations in a word table

Use Table | Formula. In the formula you are creating, use Excel-like
notation for referring to individual cells; in other words: A, B, C,
.... refers to the columns and 1, 2, 3, ... to the rows.

Note that the Table | Formula command inserts a = (formula) field
which you can insert manually (by pressing Ctrl+F9).

To edit a formula field, just press Alt+F9, change the codes by
typing, press F9 to update, and then press Alt+F9 again to hide field
codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Latham" wrote in message
I cannot find where to enter and where to update calculations in a

word
table. Specifically I want to total specific cells in a row and

place it at
the end of that row. Next I want to do the same for columns.