Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JAS

Default Creating Outlines in Word X for MAC

I tried that but nothing happened. I think there's a problem with the Style
sheet. When I begin the document everything is NORMAL style, but if I format
anything, it changes to HEADING 1 (which I don't want). With the HEADING 1
style, I have to hit the bullet key after every line to get the next list
item. However, if I start a new document and creat lists anew, everything
works fine until I change the format of the highest level to BOLD.

still frustrated...

JAS

"JAS" wrote:

After I start and outline and hit the enter key, the next list item (A, B, C)
does not appear. I have to go back to BULLETS-OUTLINES- etc. in order to
get the list label to show up. How do I get this to occur automatically when
I hit the ENTER key.