Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default "Keep lines together" doesn't work Word 2003 .doc

If you have several consecutive paragraphs formatted as "keep
lines together" and "keep with next", and if all of the formatted
paragraphs cannot fit together on one page, then Word will ignore
the "keep" settings. See
for more information.

JF wrote:

I have a Word 2003 document that has been formatted and ready to send through
e-mail. I want to set the "Keep lines together" and "Keep with next" options,
but when I do, my paragraphs that were spilt remain as they were.

I tried by selecting the entire document at once, and I also tried
highlighting only one paragraph at the time, both without success.

I'm sure it must be something really simple that I'm not doing, like missing
step.

Can someone help?

JF