Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default My "restore" button in upper r.h. corner makes display disappear

The window may be opening off screen. With only Word open, try right
clicking the Windows task bar and select 'cascade windows'.

DianeG wrote:
Help! When I started Word, all I got was the blue bar across the top
and a view of my desktop! I pressed the full-screen button in the
upper r.h. corner and the Word window appeared, but when i pressed it
again to reduce the size of the window, the same thing happened--no
Word window but my desktop and the blue screen. I even reinstalled
Word twice, same thing is wrong. Can this be fixed?