Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Replacing Tabs in Word

And managed to get a different subject text? Good trick!

If ^t is not being recognised then there are no tabs in your document.

Chances are that you have a setting in autoformat as you type, to define
styles based on your formatting. In which case they are indents. Verify by
pressing CTRL+* of click the ¶ button on the toolbar or look at the ruler
with the cursor in an indented para. That being the case, use the replace
function to replace the indented style with a non-indented style. See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

unity22 wrote:
Sorry, Doug. I'm a newbie and I probably hit the wrong button twice.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

And I now see that your previous identical question was correctly
answered by fellow MVP Jay Freedman 1 hour and fifty minutes before
you repeated the question.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"unity22" wrote in message

I am writring a dictionary and have used a tab at the beginning of
each entry to distinguish it from a heading.

However now I wish to get rid of the tabs and I have tried doing it
by using
the "replace" function (control H), to replace a tab with nothing.

But I cannot find a function on "replace" for tabs.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of tabs without manually deleting
each one?

Thanks,

unity 22