Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Word for Mac - View comments but not revisions?

Thanks for your suggestions.

But I don't see a Show icon, or at least I don't recognize it. I see a
"Final Showing Markup" (etc.) box, a "Comments" button, and a "Show Markup"
button.

It's Word 2004.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Depends on the MacWord version--sounds like this is Word 2004.

1. View | Toolbars | Reviewing (should already be active, actually).
There's a "Show" icon on it, which is a menu. The dropdown will let you
deselect insertions and deletions.

2. Sorry, no highlight. Faint brackets show up at either end of the
text. You must have Word 2007? I think Word 2002/03 also just used the
brackets. Changing the color *might* produce better results.

You can send your colleague here in the future--or ask Mac questions the
See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord,
MacExcel, and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

Eric wrote:
I'm working with a colleague who's using Word for Mac.

I know how the reviewing features work on Word for Windows, but I've
discovered there are differences on the Mac, and it's confusing.

A couple of questions:
1. How do I view comments but not insertions/deletions? (When there are
lots of revisions, the insertions/deletions balloons crowd out the comments
balloons.and make it hard to trace the dotted line back to the associated
text in the document.)
2. On Windows, if I click on a Comment balloon, the associated text is
highlighted. Is there a way to get that to happen on the Mac?