Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Need to Disable the spacebar when text was selected

But pressing _any_ key while text is selected will delete the selected
text -- rather, it will replace the selected text with what you type.

You do not need to select text to apply a paragraph style; simply
place the cursor in the paragraph.

If you do not want typing to replace selected text, then uncheck the
Option to do so, which you will find on the Tools Options menu.

On Jan 13, 1:06*am, SELVAGANESH
wrote:
Hi Daniels,

Thank you for the replay,

I have developed one template(.dot file). This template purpose was styling
the content (Do not modify the any text) in this process select the text and
apply the styles in some time operator was press the spacebar this case text
was deleted. That why need to disable the spacebar when selected the text..

I expected your suggestion.

Thanks,
Selva

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Please explain why you need to disable the spacebar, and also state
which version of Word you use?

On Jan 12, 1:47 am, SELVAGANESH
wrote:
Dear Team,

Thanks to everyone

If have any possible to disable the spacebar when text was selected in the
word page, can you help if have any default option available in the word
application or need to write the VBA macro.

If need to write the VBA. Kindly guide me the coding.

Thanks,
Selva