Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Why does my hyperlinks disappear when i close my document?

Word - especially version 2003 - has a bad habit of randomly changing some
settings in the registry where this item is stored. Some have postulated
that the reason has been attributable to add-ins, though it never operates
consistently enough to confirm that. You can change it back when it happens,
you could press ALT+F9 to toggle the display (which is possibly how you
changed it in the first place) or you could fix it with auto running macros.
The following line added to an autonew and an autoopen macro will ensure it
starts 'off' for all your documents

ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

ojann wrote:
Thank you Carol. I searched this site and there it was. Your reply
of 2 years ago to Kim has made my day. What would have enabled field
codes in the first place?

Joanne

"Carol" wrote:

Tools|Options|View and deselect Field Codes.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Kim" wrote:

I've created a word document with hyperlinks. Everytime I close my
document and reopen it, my hyperlinks return to text.