Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Printing numbers in a booklet

Use the following field construction at the location where you want the page
numbers to appear

{ IF { PAGE } 2 { = { PAGE } - 2 } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and you use
Alt+F9 to toggle off their display

Another way is to insert a Next Page Section Break on Page 2 so that Page 3
is the first page of a new Section and then insert the page number field
into the header/footer of that Section, which you need to have unlinked from
the header/footer in the first Section of the document and format the page
numbers so that they start at 1, rather than continue from the previous
section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Janet" wrote in message
I have exactly the same situation and question. HELP ! ! !

"Pam" wrote:

I've got word 2007 and for the life of me I can't figure out how to print
#'s where I want them - I have the cover page, a blank page and then the
booklet begins...so it basically starts page 1 on the 3rd page - how do I
get the #'s to start where I want them to start?

Is there a decent 101 booklet/url that I can figure out the ins and outs
of
word 2007 and booklets?