Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default alphabetizing

Does that mean that there is no way to "automatically" do it? If so, then
I'll just have to gut it out... with approximately 50,000 titles to
alphabetize, perhaps 1500 of which have quotation marks.... a LOT of hand
work.

--
Hokie

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

So you want to sort but ignore punctuation? I'd be tempted to sort them then
rearrange the others manually. But that's just me.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Wayne" wrote in message
Of course that would make it simple... to alphabetize... but then I'd have
locate all of the poems among 986 pages of titles and put the quotation
marks
back.
--
Hokie

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Can you strip out the punctuation marks?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Wayne" wrote in message
How does one alphabetize a list (e.g. poems and novels, combined) that
includes some items with leading / trailing parentheses and some that
don't?
--
Hokie