Peter Jamieson

When the process creates your envelope layout, it does not actually insert
any fields. In Word, you have to do that manually. However, you are left
with no signposts on how to do that. In my view, the best way is to enable
the Word Mail Merge toolbar (e.g. via Tools|Customize). Then it should be
the 6th button along (to the left of "Insert Merge field"), unless the
ADDRESSBLOCK field works for you (if it's hard to get it to do what you
want, stick to individual field codes), in which case try the fourth button.

Since this will happen every time you create a new document, it's probably
better to create a layout and select "Existing document" in the Outlook
Tools|Mail Merge option instead - which is what I assume Graham was
suggesting.

Peter Jamieson
"MLD" wrote in message
The steps I followed started at selecting specific Contacts in Outlook
Contacts, dropping down the Tools Menu in Outlook, selecting mail merge,
specifying "only selected contacts" and merge type "envelopes". When Word
opened, follwoing the dialogue boxes there, defaulting to a size 10
(letter)
envelope and merging to a new doc - all records.

Does that clarify?
The reason I did not go from Word is that I was trying to step an atty
through this. He was alrady trying to start from Contacts and it was
easier
to explain it to him that way. It SHOULD have worked. I was just wondering
if there was a known glitch that I haven't read about. it worked for me in
other environments.

-Monica

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
Impossible to say since we have no idea which instructions you followed
properly.
Using the Envelopes and Labels Wizard in Word seems a much simpler

approach.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"MLD" wrote in message
I tried to print an envelope for only one Contact using the ToolsMail
Merge command from my OLK 2003 Contacts. Following the intsructions
properly, what I got was a blank envelope in Word. What gives?

Monica, CMOS