Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank

Default headers

Almost there....

I put a logo on the first page that requires the header to be 1.5" high. I
just want the company name on subsequent pages, which requires the header
only be .5" high. I have the logo in place and also the company name. But
when I change the vertical height of one header, the other also changes. How
can I get them to be totally independent?

thanks!

"LH" wrote in message
oups.com...
Go to the end of your template, use the menu INSERT BREAK, PAGE BREAK.
Be sure you are in the second page of your template and use the menu
VIEW, HEADER & FOOTER. Find the buttons with the little arrowheads. You
should be able to move between the first page header and the header
with those buttons.

The above assumes that you have properly use the "Use different first
page" header/footer button on the PAGE SETUP, LAYOUT menu. Word
assumes that if you click the button that *both* a separate 1st page
header *and* footer will be used. You can't specify only a 1st page
header, but uniform footer.