Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Is it ok to print a Word document from a USB flash drive?

Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:53:04 +0100 from "Tony Jollans" My forename at
my surname dot com:
Outlook Express (or Windows Mail) by default puts quoted text below the
(delimited) signature - as per this message. Are you saying that's wrong?

Yes, I'm afraid it is.

The signature delimiter says "in a reply, don't quote anything that
follows". I don't think you're going to find an RFC that says "'don't
quote anything that follows' means not to quote anything that
follows". :-)

I'd prefer not to fatigue folks who come here for discussions of Word
by getting into a long thing on Usenet formatting. I had thought
Suzanne was simply unaware of the convention, and offered a polite
reminder, but I don't want it to turn into an of argument so I won't
post again on this topic here. (Anyone who wants to pursue it in
email is welcome to.)

For those who might be interested in the reasons behind the
convention, here are a couple of good references:

news.newusers.questions FAQ:
"Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings"
http://www.xs4all.nl/%7ewijnands/nnq/nquote.html

"The Advantages of Usenet's Quoting Conventions"
http://www.mccaughan.org.uk/g/remarks/uquote.html

"How do I Quote Correctly in Usenet?"

http://OakRoadSystems.com/