Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to Minimize All Windows in Word 2003?

What an annoyingly chattily written page!

But no, there's no fadeout at the Show desktop button. Windows+Space,
however, does do it.

On Jan 29, 8:19*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
It depends on your settings. I don't have my Windows 7 laptop on right now,
but there is definitely an Options setting about whether or not this happens
automatically, and I can attest that I have more than once been startled by
having all my windows disappear without any action on my part other than
moving the mouse.

Well, okay, according tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/better-stronger-fast...,
mousing over the button apparently just makes the windows transparent, so
maybe I'm wrong.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...
I just tried it -- simply going there gives a popup "Show desktop."
You have to click the vertical rectangle at the end of the taskbar to
actually do it. (Never knew that.)

On Jan 28, 11:57 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Show Desktop button is a Windows XP thing (though there's a sort of
equivalent in Windows 7). In Windows 7, the quick way to do this (which
it's
disconcertingly easy to do inadvertently) is to "park" the mouse in the
bottom right corner. Useful if you're playing a game on company time and
the
boss comes up behind you!

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message

You could right-click the taskbar and choose the Show the desktop
command.
Of course, that would minimize all open windows, not just your Word
documents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-01-25 17:09 (GMT+1), Clueless in Seattle wrote:
I have a number of documents open at the same time in Word 2003, each
document in its own window.

I'd like to be able to minimize them all at once.

Is there a command for this?--