Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cat cat is offline

Default Stop text from moving on page

That worked well, thank you very much!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Cat,

If you place your mergefields inside a single-celled table with the row height formatted as 'exact' ( to match a merge with four
lines), the rest of the document will retain its layout regardless of how many lines are in the merged data.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"cat" wrote in message ...
I have a word doc formatted to print precisely with perforations at the
bottom. I need the text from the body of the letter down to stay in place.
However, when I merge the doc with the data source, the body of the letter
will move up a line to compensate for any record that does not have two
address lines. How do I anchor or lock the body of the letter (text) so that
it does not move up a line when Addr02 is null (see below)?

Name
Addr01
Addr02
City, St Zip