Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] marcwentink@hotmail.com is offline

Default Insert a bookmark field

Shauna Kelly schreef:

If you just want to create a bookmark, then select the text to be
bookmarked, and do Insert Bookmark. Give it a name and press OK.

That seems to work but should not I see the title/name of the bookmark
in my templatename.dot file?

I am asking this since I am working with an old template file were the
other bookmarks seems to be written as text in the file. I just do not
know if this is just written text added after adding the bookmark, or
if the name/title of the bookmark itself is displayed.

If in my own developped program change the text of the bookmark called
'mybookmrk', the 'mybookmrk' text is replaced though, so I think
somehow you can change the bookmark properties to write its name? I
have no way of finding out how the old file was made.