Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How to make custom multilists I create advance automatically?

Not all lists are recognized by Word's autoformatting features. Instead, set
up a multilevel list with the desired formatting. On the Home tab of the
ribbon, click the Multilevel List button in the Paragraph group. Then click
Define New Multilevel List. This shows a dialog box that allows you to link
paragraph styles to each list level (in the same way you could in previous
versions of Word); see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"blur800" wrote in message
I used Word 2007 for Outlining my class notes. I have created a custom
multilist that I like, but it will not advance automatically. Example:
After I type "IV.", then a line of text, and then press Enter, the next
line
is blank. I then have to type "V." manually. Microsofts default lists
will
advance manually, but I cannot get the multilists that I create to advance
automatically. Thanks for any help.