Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default How to make custom multilists I create advance automatically?

You might want to use the Define new List Style command instead of the
Define New Multilevel List command. Essentially they are the same but once
you create the Multilevel list you can't modify it. Instead another
Multilevel list will need to be created. If you use a List Style then the
same functionality is provided but it has a style associated with it which
enables list modifications.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Not all lists are recognized by Word's autoformatting features. Instead,
set up a multilevel list with the desired formatting. On the Home tab of
the ribbon, click the Multilevel List button in the Paragraph group. Then
click Define New Multilevel List. This shows a dialog box that allows you
to link paragraph styles to each list level (in the same way you could in
previous versions of Word); see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"blur800" wrote in message
I used Word 2007 for Outlining my class notes. I have created a custom
multilist that I like, but it will not advance automatically. Example:
After I type "IV.", then a line of text, and then press Enter, the next
line
is blank. I then have to type "V." manually. Microsofts default lists
will
advance manually, but I cannot get the multilists that I create to
advance
automatically. Thanks for any help.