jdawgnat

Default Mail Merging Certain Rows from Text Source

Good morning,

I have a letter in Word XP that I am using mail merge in order to
import from a ; delimitted text file. It imports the data fine but I
have a question. The letter should only go out to people who have GR as
the value in the GR field. I used the IF statement to conditionalize
fields, however if the person does not have GR as the value it simply
makes a letter with all the merge fields blank. Is there a way to make
it only do letters for those with GR as the value?

And example of my current formula is:

{IF {MERGEFIELD GR} = "GR" "{MERGEFIELD "First_Name"}" ""}

I thought about removing the last set of quotation marks but I don't
know if that will break the logic. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Jonathan