Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Default How to lock background?

"Kirsten" wrote in message
Thank you for your fast reply! However - The background is a big object
with
the same size as the paper, A4. This means that if I put it in the head
page,
it takes up the whole space and then I canĀ“t wright on it anyway - unless
insert a Text Box. But this seems to be the best way.

The key bit that - I think - you're missing from Jay's instructions is that
you place the image in the header.

Select the header by clicking on it, paste your image and the image will be,
effectively, part of the header although it will cover the whole page.

Then right click on the image, select Format Picture Layout Wrapping
style Behind Text.

Close the header and you'll be able to type over the image.

HTH

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,