Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default How do I break URL address over two lines?

In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to-
display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display
text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyphens will
work too, but that might be misleading to readers who have to type the URI.

Pam

djhintze wrote:
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.