Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Default Bookmarks

Hi Debra Ann,

Are you getting any further when you debug? Open the macro in the
VBA-editor, and place a breakpoint on the first line of your code by clicking
in the vertical grey bar on the left. Run your code and the macro will stop
at this point.

Now arrange the windows on your screen so that both the code window and the
cell that should be populated are visible. Activate the VBA-editor and press
F8 to execute one line of code at a time. Can you see what happens?

What also crossed my mind: after the macro has run, select the cell, press
Shift-left arrow to select only its contents and press Ctrl-C to copy them to
the clipboard. Paste the clipboard elsewhere in your document to view the
exact contents of the cell.

If you set an exact row height, not all cell contents may be visible. If
they somehow get preceded by, say, tabs or a paragraph mark, the cell may
appear to be empty.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Debra Ann" wrote:

I am trying to autopopulate a table cell from another application
(Documentum). This is how I do it:

1. Highlight the cell in the table.
2. Insert, bookmark, name the bookmark, and add to make a bookmark field.
3. The visual basic software looks for the name of the bookmark and
autopopulates the field.

One of the bookmark fields is called "originator" and it works in about four
different templates that I have but all of a sudden it doesn't work in
another template. There are no errors in the name of the bookmark field, the
cell font color is not white, and I even searched the bookmark to make sure
it was a field and not just a regular bookmark and it is.

Any idea on why it wouldn't work one out of four times?

Thanks,

--
Debra Ann